Friday, March 11, 2011

Nix Says DT Isn't "An Area of Need"

When asked about defensive tackles Kyle Williams and Torell Troup, Bills GM Buddy Nix replied, "I don't think that's an area of need. I don't." He added that Troup, a second round pick last year, would rate first or second amongst this year's nose tackles. While I agree that nose tackle, specifically, is not really a pressing need for the Bills, it's interesting that Nix thinks Troup would rate so highly in this year's crop. It says a lot about the confidence this staff has in the kid to spell Kyle Williams when necessary.

All that said, I still think that the Bills will address the defensive line in the draft. With the departure of Marcus Stroud, the Bills are left with Dwan Edwards, who is returning from injury, second-year pro Alex Carrington, Spencer Johnson, and the oh-so-disappointing John McCargo. With Johnson due to make $3 million this season and McCargo having been such a bust up to this point, it wouldn't surprise me to see neither of them on the roster next season.

Follow me on Twitter at: GTorlone

No comments:

Post a Comment