Sunday, June 19, 2011

NFL.com's Wyche Compliments Bills

Steve Wyche, of NFL.com, recently participated in a live chat with football fans and was asked the following question by a follower named Brett:

What is your take on the Bills outlook this season? I have them in the bottom 10 in the league record wise but expect to see improvement in the run defense.

Wyche responded with:

Brett, I'm serious when I say this. I think they're going to be very competitive and be much more of a threat than would seem right now. I like the Bills. Got to tighten up the offensive line but I think they've got something working there.

Bills fans are often critical of the media's perception of the team. While I do believe that the Bills are (for the right reasons) looked over in most talks regarding the AFC East, I wouldn't say that the national media 'hates' them. Of course a team with only one winning season in the last eleven is going to be overlooked. You can't just sign a high profile player like a Terrell Owens of sorts and expect national love. There has to be a successful product on the field. Winning fixes everything.

Follow me on Twitter at: GTorlone

No comments:

Post a Comment